Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I do if I need more than 2 cleanings a year, but insurance will not cover any additional?
- Are there any options or discounts for patients without dental insurance?
- Is patient financing available? What is CareCredit & how do I apply?
- What insurances does Kirkland Dentistry accept?
- Where can I find answers to questions on dental topics?
1. What do I do if I need more than 2 cleanings a year, but insurance will not cover any additional?
In most cases insurances do not have exceptions to their frequency rules. However, there are companies such as MODA dental insurance that will allow additional cleanings if a patient has Diabetes. There is a simple form that can be filled out by the patient and sent to MODA.
There are other companies that will allow an additional cleaning depending on the severity of gum disease.
We would be happy to check your insurance specifically to see if any of these exceptions apply to you.
2. Are there any options or discounts for patients without dental insurance?
Kirkland Dentistry is proud to be the first dental office in Beaverton to offer illumisure, an in office membership program that covers all preventive services and gives the member 15% off of any treatment.
Most dental insurances have an annual benefit maximum of about $1500 per year. With illumisure there is no annual maximum. Therefore, patients have the option of choosing whatever type of restoration they desire, without the limitation or exclusions imposed by most dental insurances. Even cosmetic treatments are available without limitations at the discounted rate.
For more information, please visit: http://kirkland-dentistry.illumisure.com/
3. Is patient financing available? What is CareCredit & how do I apply?
CareCredit is a healthcare credit card with a credit line for treatments and procedures for your entire family. It is a credit card designed for your health and beauty needs. With many of our promotional offers, you can avoid paying interest by making your minimum monthly payments and paying the full amount due by the end of the promotional period. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within the promotional period. Minimum monthly payments are required. Dr. Kirkland's office offers CareCredit financing options, so please call us for more information. Here is the link to apply online.
4. What insurances does Kirkland Dentistry accept?
We are in-network with :
Delta Dental Premier
Cigna Dental PPO
Delta Dental Preferred (PPO)
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
MODA Preferred (PPO)
We accept many others, including, but not limited to:
Metlife, Standard, United Concordia, Securian, United Healthcare, Principal, Ameritas, Lincoln Financial, Healthnet, Cigna Dental PPO, Advantage, Aetna, Guardian, Teamsters (Union Plans, First Choice, Assurant, GEHA, PacificSource
5. Where can I find answers to questions on dental topics?
The Academy of General Dentistry website: www.knowyourteeth.com
Or schedule an exam with Dr. Kirkland, to be sure all information you are given is customized to fit your dental needs.